Coronavirus and Your Mental Health
The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people and communities. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children.
Beacon Health Options wants to provide you with information on local resources, give you tips and answer some common questions. These resources may be helpful to you.
BEACON HEALTH OPTIONS INFORMATION
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) What you need to know
- COVID-19 Informational Videos
- Information for Families
- Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- CDC Protects and Prepares Communities
- CDC Coping Activity Page
- CDC Fact Sheet COVID-19 and You
- CDC Stop the Spread of Germs
- Symptoms of Coronavirus 2019
- CDC Wash Your Hands Poster
- 10 Things to Manage Respiratory Symptoms at Home
- What to Do If You Are Sick with Coronavirus?
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
- OMHSAS Visitation Guidance for RTFs, LTSRs, and CRRs
- PA Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Facebook Page (Includes videos with sign language offering updates on COVID-19)
PENNSYLVANIA MENTAL HEALTH CONSUMERS’ ASSOCIATION (PMHCA)
SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION (SAMHSA)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Guidance and Resources
- Taking Care of Your Behavioral Health
- 30 Days to Slow the Spread
DEPARTMENT OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL PROGRAMS
- Information for Individuals: Get Help Now Hotline, Online Recovery Meetings, Free Podcasts and Other Online Resources
LINKS TO COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH AND DRUG AND ALCOHOL SERVICES
Beacon Member Services are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Beacon Member Services can help you get the services you need. You can call your Beacon toll-free member telephone number located here https://pa.beaconhealthoptions.com/beacon-counties/ to speak to someone who can help.