Coronavirus and Your Mental Health
The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) may be stressful for people and communities. Fear and anxiety about a disease can be overwhelming and cause strong emotions in adults and children.
Beacon Health Options wants to provide you with information on local resources, give you tips and answer some common questions. These resources may be helpful to you.
Beacon’s member voice is important. The Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (OMHSAS) and Beacon are interested in your experience with telehealth services during COVID-19. Please complete a brief survey. Your voice can help shape the future of the service. The survey is now closed. Thank you for your participation.
BEACON HEALTH OPTIONS INFORMATION
- Coronavirus and Your Mental Health
- Psych Hub COVID-19 Mental Health Resources – Beacon Health Options has collaborated with Psych Hub, mental health advocates and others to develop a free digital resource site to help individuals and care providers address behavioral health needs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic
CENTERS FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION (CDC)
- Coping with a Disaster or Traumatic Event
- CDC Protects and Prepares Communities
- CDC Coping Activity Page
- CDC Fact Sheet COVID-19 and You
- CDC Stop the Spread of Germs
- Symptoms of Coronavirus 2019
- CDC Wash Your Hands Poster
- 10 Things to Manage Respiratory Symptoms at Home
- What to Do If You Are Sick with Coronavirus?
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
- COVID Vaccine Scheduling Helpline for People with Intellectual Disabilities, Autism and their Caregivers
- Staying Safe While Receiving In-Home Services: Commonwealth In-Home Services Guidelines for Families and Individuals
- Important MATP Information for Members during COVID-19
- OMHSAS Visitation Guidance for RTFs, LTSRs, and CRRs
- PA Office of Deaf and Hard of Hearing Facebook Page (Includes videos with sign language offering updates on COVID-19)
PENNSYLVANIA MENTAL HEALTH CONSUMERS’ ASSOCIATION (PMHCA)
SUBSTANCE ABUSE AND MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES ADMINISTRATION (SAMHSA)
DEPARTMENT OF DRUG AND ALCOHOL PROGRAMS
- Information for Individuals: Get Help Now Hotline, Online Recovery Meetings, Free Podcasts and Other Online Resources
LINKS TO COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH AND DRUG AND ALCOHOL SERVICES
Beacon Member Services are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Beacon Member Services can help you get the services you need. You can call your Beacon toll-free member telephone number located here https://pa.beaconhealthoptions.com/beacon-counties/ to speak to someone who can help.