Wellness and Recovery
In the Spotlight
- PA 2‑1‑1 Southwest and PA 2‑1‑1 Northwest are part of the national 2‑1‑1 Call Centers initiative that seeks to provide an easy-to-remember telephone number and web resource for finding health and human services for everyday needs and in crisis situations. Search our vast database of services and providers to find the help you need today.
- How much do you know about the childhood obesity epidemic in Pennsylvania?
- Facing Us: Your Online Home for Wellness
Join the Facing Us Clubhouse and experience interactive recovery on the web! Create an online journal or wellness plan, share recovery tips and quotes, design and print your own crisis plan, or share recovery stories, art work, tips and quotes. This site is provided by the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA).
- Health Information for Persons who are Deaf, Deaf-Blind and Hard of Hearing
This website seeks to provide reliable health care information, including behavioral health care information, to people who are deaf, deaf-blind, and head or hearing, in a format that is accessible to all.
- Mental Health Recovery
A website on mental health recovery and the Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP), representing the work of Mary Ellen Copeland.
- National Empowerment Center
A website including recent evidence and strategies for recovery, from the National Empowerment Center.
- Pennsylvania Recovery and Resiliency
This web site is a one-stop resource for transformation activities in Pennsylvania and was developed as part of OMHSAS’ efforts to fully support the opportunity for recovery for all who are served by the public mental health system.
- SAMHSA Recovery Month
The Recovery Month website, maintained by the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, aims to promote substance abuse recovery. Recovery Month is celebrated in September.